Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 4

Today after breakfast and discovering all the mosquito bites we got from the jungle hike, we went to the Honolulu Police Department where I finally recovered my lost iPod. It was pretty painless. I'm so thankful for the anonymous female who turned it in instead of keeping it. Thanks, whoever you are!

After that, we went to Hanauma Bay for snorkeling. There were so many awesome fish to see! Even in the most shallow parts of the bay, there were beautiful fish. I took my camera and underwater camera case to try and get some good photos. I let Aaron borrow the camera for awhile and he got to see a sea turtle! He took a bunch of really good pictures of it. After that, Aaron tried to help us find a sea turtle since we hadn't seen one yet, but we never found one. I took some more underwater photos on the way though, before my camera decided to die. It seems that some humidity had accumulated in the bag and got inside the camera. I wasn't able to turn it on since then. I was able to recover all of the awesome pictures from the SD card though. In spite of the camera trouble and the few snorkel issues I was having, I would say the trip was completely worth it.

On the way to the apartment, we picked up some Jack in the Box for a snack. We tried the tacos and mini sirloin burgers. Ashley also had a teriyaki bowl. The mini sirloin burgers were the best! After showering, we headed to the Ala Moana Mall, which is apparently the world's largest open-air shopping mall. It was the most beautiful mall I've ever seen. It was a really pleasent atmosphere. They had a bunch of the typical mall stores plus a bunch of other stuff. We found a Sanrio store, where Ashley bought a mini Chococat iPod Speaker box, a Hawaiian Hello Kitty plush, a pencil and a keychain. At the Disney store (which Wichita no longer has) I bought Stitch plates and Nemo Plates. We wandered around other stores and found a few souvenirs for people. Then we stopped at the food court which was also amazing! Ashley had some Chicken Katsu Don and I had some Kal Bi (Korean BBQ). The mall started closing and Aaron had to be up early for work the next day, so we went back to the apartment to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment